Our Farmers’ Market Workplace COVID-19 Prevention Plan
Current and active as of May 22, 2021
The Hubbards Barn Association has developed the following prevention plan with support from the Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) Cooperative. As a member of FMNS, we’ve received detailed instructions on how to safely run and operate our Hubbards Farmers’ Market while ensuring that our market complies with the Health Protection Act Order and public health directives. Farmers’ Markets are an essential service providing essential goods, and allowed to operate in all regions of Nova Scotia.
Please note the following conditions observed by the Hubbards Farmers’ Market:
- Our farmers’ market has an active Public Market Permit.
- Each of our Schedule A vendors has an active Public Market Permit.
- Our market is complying with the Health Protection Act Order and public health directives.
- Our market is ensuring 2-metre social distancing protocols are maintained at all times.
- This plan has been communicated to our vendors.
- Our market personnel and vendors understand their duties and responsibilities to follow this plan in order to comply with safe practices, including those identified by the FMNS Cooperative.
The following rules are being actively followed at the Hubbards Farmers’ Market:
- All customers must wear protective face masks when they are inside the Barn.
- All vendors and volunteers must wear protective face masks when they are inside the Barn.
- Public washrooms will be available during Market hours, but limited to one person at a time.
- Customers must NOT bring their pets inside the Barn.
- The Market will run from 8:00am to 12:00 noon.
The following guidelines are strongly encouraged at the Hubbards Farmers’ Market:
- Customers are encouraged to leave the Barn property once their shopping is complete.