The Hubbards Barn Association’s Farmers’ Market continues to grow in popularity and draws many visitors to the Hubbards Barn & Community Park and, of course, to our community. And that’s fantastic!
The challenge, though, is that Hubbards is a small community, and parking is limited. To address this challenge (at least in the short term), we are working with neighbouring businesses and organizations to identify parking options when “Hubbards is hopping” during Farmers’ Market mornings.
So, where to park?
1. As parking is limited, do consider carpooling if you are able to do so. Another possibility is hiking/ biking on the St. Margaret’s Bay Rails to Trails, which can take you directly to the Hubbards Barn & Community Park.
2. Hubbards Barn & Community Park — Our on-site parking is limited & includes several accessible parking spots. On-site parking is ideal for seniors & people with reduced mobility.
3. Hubbards Shopping Centre — There is parking available, but please note Farmers’ Market parking is limited to the gravel on both sides of the western (main) entrance, and at the back sections and western side of the lot ONLY! The rest of the Hubbards Shopping Centre parking lot is reserved for Hubbards Shopping Centre businesses and their customers.
4. Aspotogan Heritage Trust (AHT) — AHT is located at 10 Pte. Richard Green Lane in Hubbards, only a two-minute walk from our Farmers’ Market. AHT has lots of parking available, especially if the lot is used efficiently.
5. Hubbards Community Waterfront Association (HCWA) – Parking is available at HCWA, 20 Yacht Club Road, across from the Library and down the road from Hubbards Cove Coffee to the Waterfront. It’s only an eight-minute walk from the Waterfront to the Farmers’ Market, with gorgeous views of the Cove along the way! Why not enjoy a waterfront picnic with treats from our Farmers’ Market vendors after you amble back to your car?
NOTE ABOUT ACCESSIBLE PARKING: The Hubbards Barn & Community Park has several accessible parking spots available for use during our Farmers’ Market. Thank you for your patience about accessibility and parking. We will be taking action to review and improve accessibility on and around the Hubbards Farmers’ Market in the very near future.
Thank you for you interest in our Farmers’ Market. With a little care & communication, and with your neighbourly help, we can work together to limit disruptions and ensure safe summer fun for all.
~ Thanks from everyone at the Hubbards Barn Association