Our Farmers’ Market Workplace COVID-19 Prevention Plan
Current and active as of July 4, 2020
The Hubbards Barn Association has developed the following prevention plan with support from the Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) Cooperative. As a member of FMNS, we’ve received detailed instructions on how to safely run and operate our farmers’ market while ensuring that our market complies with the Health Protection Act Order and public health directives. To read FMNS’ full compliance directives, please go to: https://farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca/2020/05/29/may-29-2020-updated-recommended-measures-for-farmers-markets-to-continue-safely-serving-nova-scotians/
Please note the following conditions observed by the Hubbards Barn Farmers’ Market:
- Our farmers’ market has an active Public Market Permit.
- Each of our Schedule A vendors has an active Public Market Permit.
- Our market is complying with the Health Protection Act Order and public health directives.
- Our market is ensuring 2-metre social distancing protocols are maintained at all times.
- This plan has been communicated to our vendors.
- Our market personnel and vendors understand their duties and responsibilities to follow this plan in order to comply with safe practices, including those identified by the FMNS Cooperative.
The following rules are being actively followed at the Hubbards Barn Farmers’ Market:
- Customers must comply with designated one-way traffic flows to access vendors, both inside the Barn and outside in the meadow.
- There is a limit of 40 customers inside the Barn during the Market event.
- All customers must wear protective face masks when they are inside the Barn.
- All vendors and volunteers must wear protective face masks when they are inside the Barn and outside on the property during Market events.
- All vendors and volunteers must complete a weekly COVID-19 pre-screening questionnaire
- This Market is a shopping-only event; social gathering is not permitted. The general public is not permitted to loiter inside the Barn or on the property during Market hours.
- Public washrooms will be available during Market hours, but limited to one person at a time with a hand sanitizing station and volunteer to wipe down high touch surfaces.
- Customers must NOT bring their pets to Market events.
- Customers who, out of necessity, bring their children to the modified Market event MUST keep their children with them at all times. The sandpit is closed for the season.
- The Market will run from 8:00am to 12:00 noon. Early bird shoppers will NOT be admitted before 8:00am.
The following guidelines are strongly encouraged at the Hubbards Farmers’ Market:
- Customers should plan to attend alone, or with one other family member if they need assistance with their shopping.
- Customers are encouraged to leave the Barn property once their shopping is complete.