The Hubbards Farmers’ Market is committed to having a strong diverse marketplace featuring high quality, locally produced products. We welcome applications from unique local producers year round. You must be a primary or secondary producer to be considered. Please read the documents below.
- Artisan spaces are currently full for the 2018 season
Vendors can apply online, download a copy of our vendor application and email to our Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off a hard copy on market days at our info table, or mail it to PO Box 458 Hubbards NS B0J 1T0.
Applications are reviewed by our Market Manager and Vendor Advisory Committee at the end of the month. Please allow at least two weeks for a response.
All vendors, current and interested, are required to apply annually.
We are also accepting applications from interested youth vendors.
Our Vendor Advisory Committee
- Kevin Veinotte, Out to Pasture Farm (meat & fish)
- Svenja Dee, Tulipwood (plants & flowers)
- John Porter, Toasted & Roasted (prepared food and drinks)
- TBA (Field Produce)
- Allyson Simmie, Allyson Simmie Metal Arts (Arts & Fine Crafts)
We are not bound by any particular set of criteria and reserve the right to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor. Our basic criteria are as follows:
- The vendor must be a primary or secondary producer.
- A minimum of 85% of the product sold by food producers must be of the vendors own production. Up to 15% may be of someone else’ production on market days. This must be approved by the Market Manager and meet our product guidelines set out in vendor handbook.
- 100% of all products sold by non-food vendors (artisans, crafters, etc) must be of their own production.
- There must be an available space in the appropriate product category
- Direct re-selling of products is not permitted
- All new vendors will start as day vendors for their first season. Membership status will be evaluated the following year and will depend on space availability.
The Hubbards Farmers’ Market is primarily a Farmers’ Market, and we always strive to maintain our ratio of primary to secondary producers at 60% primary, 40% secondary.
- Vendor Handbook & Policies
- Market Layout (PDF)
- Vendor Application Document 2018
- Online Vendor Application Form 2018
- Food Vending Checklist document 2018
- Online Food Vendor Checklist Form 2018
- Public Market Guidelines – Environmental Health & Food Safety Division
- Application for Public Market Permit
Contact us about the Market